Thursday, August 28, 2008

PASSING OF THE BATON er.... WRENCH

Today Dennis had mercy on the dogs and left them in the house so my "alarm clock" was right on time. After a trip to the bank and post office to pick up MMS' mail, then back home again because I forgot my glasses (I must be getting old and forgetful), I finally ended up in the office. Most of my day was spent invoicing aircraft projects to the various mission organizations we serve by repairing their airplanes (our labor is donated to these ministries). Dennis continued the Kodiak inspection and even made a few tools to make the job easier. At 2:30 the PA system announced "cake's here". Shawn had completed the MMS apprenticeship program and "passed the wrench" on to the next "senior" (most months of experience) apprentice David. We all gathered around, celebrating with cake and ice cream, jokes and laughter. Just as I was ready to "close up" for the day, Edgar and Giselle arrived to check on the financial status of their airplane floats and to take the floats (by trailer) back to Canada. Later, Paul (MMS's newest apprentice) introduced us to his parents, who were visiting MMS for the first time, as we were heading home for the day. God is certainly a God of variety.

No comments: