Thursday, August 21, 2008

FACEBOOK AND LAWNMOWERS


Just when you think you have entered the electronic age, something else "pops up". For me, today it was Facebook. Due to popular demand (at least that's how it felt from my friends), I began my Facebook page last night. Today, Karen and Lela were in the MMS office encouraging and tutoring me from their Facebook pages. I actually successfully linked this blog to my Facebook, found a few "friends" and shared some laughs while learning. This learning new forms of communicating is quite the task.


Dennis was also in the instructional mode. Tonight several of the guys spent time after normal work hours, learning the basics of small engine repair. A few teenagers were added to the mix and the fun began. All of this was to "lay the groundwork" to actually trouble-shoot and repair one of the staff member's lawn mower. Dennis really enjoys these opportunities and I could see he was right "in his element" as the "students" were learning valuable mechanical skills.






No comments: