Tuesday, January 20, 2009

DON'T YOU LOVE A BARGAIN


Looking back over last week's blogs, I realized I had a common theme (change in plans). It must have been a "learning curve" week for me. It's the end of the day. Payroll is finished. Federal reports are filed. Here is the "rest of the story" on last week's "change of plans/printer saga". Because of the delays, I was able to do a little further research (for rebates, etc), gather a few more coupons, pick up ink cartridges we could no longer use and a folder with a year's worth of receipts - now I was ready to "deal". Dennis went along for a "couples night out" and trip to the office supply store. By the time I was done, the store manager was laughing, I was able to return to MMS with a $179 printer for $89 and we had an additional $160 in credit on MMS' account. My patient husband even stayed to help set up the printer at MMS while I reprogrammed some of the receipting program "set-up" to accept the new print format. I must admit - I love a good bargain!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

YOu are unique! My sister-in-law Rena Jarboe referred me to your story about the printer bargain. Yes, God speaks to us in the ordinary,not always with words, not always with directions, but He does guide us. The best gift from Him is an attitude of thankfulness and awareness that we are loved.

Dennis 'N Mary said...

Thanks Deborah. I am so thankful for God's guidance in the ordinary details of our lives.

Karen said...

You're the woman Mary! I was so thankful to come in on Friday and have a printer working at my side for receipting. Way to catch a bargain!