Monday, July 13, 2009

AHHHHH, VACATION AT LAST

Day 1 of vacation and only 2 calls to/from MMS for Mary and 1 for Dennis. That's pretty good for us - so far, vacation is a success :-) After lunch out at Chicago Pizza (where Seniors get their drinks free with the buffet on Mondays), it was time to head to Zanesville for a little tool shopping errand (the one type of shopping Dennis actually enjoys). Lowes, Home Depot, WalMart here we come!Okay, let's try this thing out! Well, it was fun (?) while it lasted, but back to WalMart to return the paint spray gun (which did not work as well as Plan A's old paint gun try). Time to put Plan C into action. At least, I'm counting on Dennis having a Plan C (and I hope it's not for me to paint the fence by myself again with an old fashioned paint brush).

What do "accountant types" do on vacation? While Dennis is trying to make at least a little progress on painting the fence, I thought I'd organize some of our own paperwork, work on our blog, and a quick link to Facebook. It's pretty slow going with dial up internet connection. After several frustrating attempts to upload photos, I think I'm about ready to head to the barn, clean some stalls, and see if I can find a horse to ride. After all, I am on vacation :-)

These two REALLY know how to enjoy a vacation!


4 comments:

Dana said...

I know who one of those calls was from. I really didn't want to call you, but I didn't want to mess things up!! I am not in the office, now, so you can enjoy the rest of your week!! : ) I think Win and Sunny have the right idea. I hope you have a great week off.

Keith said...

So are you saying you guys are old enough qualify as "seniors" for the free drinks at Chicago Pizza?

Dennis 'N Mary said...

This being "over 55" does have a few "perks". Now if Wendy's would just lower the age limit :-)

Dennis 'N Mary said...

This being "over 55" does have a few "perks". Now if Wendy's would just lower the age limit :-)