Friday, April 10, 2009

TRAINING THE TRAINER

To be a good trainer, you must be trainable. At MMS, it seems we are always in the process of some type of "development". People skills are refined, spiritual attitudes are addressed, and this week was a time of instruction for our staff and apprentices in methods of learning and teaching. The same is true in the world of horse training. Last Friday I attended Equine Affaire in Columbus, OH to learn new training skills. Now it was time use what I learned.



Okay, Cherokee, here's how it's done.


That's not a "yield". Talk about your "stiff-necked" students!



Now we are making progress. Nice flexible "yield".


Whoops. I guess there is still a little belligerence left in this student.

Wishing you a wonderful Easter weekend as we celebrate the resurrection of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. May I learn to joyfully "yield" to the lessons He has to teach me.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Great pictures Mary! I love the one of you reading with Cherokee.

Dennis 'N Mary said...

These were self portraits. I put the timer "on" in my camera and put it on a barrel, ran back, sat down and took the photo of Cherokee and I. He's so naturally curious it worked out well.