Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Horse Tuesday



Tuesdays are always fun around our place. I take that day off from my normal accounting responsibilities at MMS to give a few free riding lessons. It's a great way to provide another Christian adult mentor in a young girl's life. Our patient Haflinger mare, Brenda, helps me teach Rachel and Ruth-Anne the fundamentals of horse care and riding. Both girls did a good job navigating the "obstacle course". Lots of hugs and encouragement on those days.

Today, it was back to MMS to "close the books" for another month, print out Board reports and begin July's work. For Dennis, it was time to meet with the FAA (Federal Aviation Admin), and review what is happening at MMS. He had a great review, was mentally exhausted and took me out to lunch to help "clear his head". Hmmmm, maybe I ought to call the FAA and ask if they can review his work more often :-)

No comments: